Develop a clear sense of direction_____By Brian Tracy



A person with a clear purpose will make progress on even the roughest road. A person with no purpose will make no progress on even the smoothest road - Thomas Carlyle

Take your dreams out of the air and crystallize them into clear, specific written goals. Perhaps the greatest discovery in h8uman history is that “you become what you think about most of the time”. The two factors that, more than anything else, determine what happens to you in life are what you think about and how you think about it most of the time.

Successful people think about their goals most of the time. As a result, they are continually moving toward their goals, and their goals are continually moving toward them. Whatever you think about most of the time grows and increase in you life. If you are thinki9ng about, talking about, and visualizing your goals, you tend to accomplish far, far more than the average person, who is usually thinking and talking about his or her worries and problems most of the time.

Here is a simple seven-step formula for setting and achieving goals that you can use to become a millionaire: First, decide exactly what you want in each area of your life, especially in your financial life. Most people never do this.

Second, write down your goals clearly and specifically. Something amazing happens between your head and your hand when you put your goals in writing.

Third, set a deadline for each goal. Set subhead lines if a goal is big enough. Give yourself a target to aim at.

Fourth, make a list of everything you can think of that you will have to do to achieve each goal. As you think of new ideas, add them to your list until it is complete.

Fifth, organize your list into a plan of action. Determine what you are going to do first and what you will do later. Decide what is more important and what is less important.

Sixth, take action on your plan immediately. Is amazing how many splendid goals and plans are never realized because of procrastination and delay.

Seventh, and perhaps most important, do something every day that moves you at least one step closer to your most important goal. This commitment to daily action will make you a big success in anything you decide to accomplish.

Here is an exercise for you. Take a sheet of paper and write the word “Goals” at the top of the page with today’s date. Then, make a list of 10 goals that you would like to achieve over the next 12 months. Write your goals in the present tense, as though a year has passed and you have already achieved them. Begin each goal with the word “I” to make it personal to you.

By making out a list of 10 goals for yourself for the next year, you will move yourself into an exclusive group consisting of only 3 percent of adults in our society. The sad fact is that 97 percent of adults have never made a list of goals in their entire live.

Once you have your list of 10 goals, go over the list and ask this key questions: which one goal on this list, if I were to achieve it, would have the greatest positive impact on my life?

Whatever your answer to that question, circle that goal and make that your number one, most important goal for the future. Set a deadline, make a plan, take action on your plan, and do something everyday that moves you toward that goal.
From now on, think and talk about that goal all the time. Think and talk about how you can achieve that goal. Think and talk about all the different steps that you can take to make that goal a reality. This exercise will stimulate your creativity, increase your energy, and unlock more and more of your potential.

ACTION EXERCISE:
Always think on paper. Sit down and begin writing out your goals and creating your plan to achieve them. This exercise alone can make you a self-made millionaire.

Post a Comment

19 Comments

Anonymous said…
This website certainly has all of the info I wanted concerning this subject and didn't
know who to ask.
Anonymous said…
Excellent way of telling, and fastidious article to take data concerning my
presentation topic, which i am going to convey in school.
Anonymous said…
I'm impressed, I must say. Rarely do I come across a blog that's both educative and amusing, and let me tell you, you've hit the nail on the head.
The problem is an issue that too few men and women are
speaking intelligently about. I am very happy I came across
this in my hunt for something regarding this.
Anonymous said…
Wow, fantastic blog structure! How long have you been running a blog for?
you made running a blog glance easy. The total glance
of your web site is wonderful, let alone the content
material!
Anonymous said…
Simply want to say your article is as amazing. The clearness in your post is just spectacular and i
could assume you're an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission let me to grab your
feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post.

Thanks a million and please carry on the rewarding work.
Anonymous said…
Wow, fantastic blog format! How lengthy have you been running a blog for?
you make running a blog look easy. The whole look of your web site is great, as smartly as the content!
Anonymous said…
This is really interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.
I have joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of
your wonderful post. Also, I have shared your website in my social networks!
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the sensible critique. Me and my neighbor were just preparing to do some research
on this. We got a grab a book from our area library but I think
I learned more from this post. I am very glad to see such excellent information being shared freely out there.
Anonymous said…
Hello! Someone in my Myspace group shared this website with
us so I came to take a look. I'm definitely loving the information. I'm book-marking and will be tweeting this to my followers!
Wonderful blog and great design and style.
Anonymous said…
Very nice post and right to the point. I don't know if this is truly the best place to ask but do you folks have any
ideea where to employ some professional writers? Thx :)
Anonymous said…
This is a topic that is close to my heart... Best wishes!

Exactly where are your contact details though?
Anonymous said…
I'm curious to find out what blog platform you
have been utilizing? I'm experiencing some small security
issues with my latest website and I'd like to find something more secure.
Do you have any solutions?
Anonymous said…
Awesome website you have here but I was curious if you knew of any community
forums that cover the same topics talked about in this article?
I'd really like to be a part of group where I can get opinions from other knowledgeable individuals that share the same interest.
If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Bless you!
Anonymous said…
Very good information. Lucky me I discovered your site by accident (stumbleupon).

I have book marked it for later!
Anonymous said…
Quality posts is the key to be a focus for the people to
visit the website, that's what this site is providing.
Anonymous said…
Its not my first time to pay a visit this web page, i am visiting this website dailly and get nice
facts from here everyday.
Anonymous said…
Terrific paintings! This is the type of info tuat should be shared across the net.
Disgrace on Gookgle for not positioning this submit upper!
Come on over and visit my site . Thank you =)
Anonymous said…
Well I sincerely liked studying it. This information provided by you is very practical for good planning.
Anonymous said…
Hello my family member! I wish to say that this article is amazing, great written and
come with almost all important infos. I would like to look extra posts like
this .